Charitable Trust Grants
Who Does PLAN’s Charitable Trust Serve?
What does the Charitable Trust grant support?
Charitable Trust grants may be used to purchase any service or resource that serves to enhance the person’s quality of life. The distributions that are covered by the trust are wide and varied. Past distributions include:
- Ramps and other home retrofitting
- Music therapy for a child with autism
- Special reading materials for those with sight loss
- Advocacy and educational services
The Distribution Stipulations:
- May not interfere or supplant available public benefits.
- May not be a debt payment.
- Is typically a one-time distribution of no more than $1,000.
- Is payable directly to a vendor in check.
The Applicant must provide:
- Proof of a disability.
- Accurate proof of income, asset, and household expense information.
- Proof there is a long-term plan in place for satisfying an ongoing need.
- Proof of ownership if request is for vehicle or home improvement.
- Proof of requested amount.
Note: Applicants with limited income/assets are given priority consideration.
How does the selection process work?
Appropriate candidates will be referred to the PLAN Trust Committee for final decision. The trust committee cannot review incomplete packets so applicants must include all necessary documentation upon submission. Decisions typically take between one and two months as each application is carefully reviewed.
The committee can approve temporary needs-based assistance for sustainable purchases that provide a long-term impact in the life of someone with a disability. Submitting an application does not guarantee approval. Applicants will receive a decision letter in the mail in the week following the committee meeting. Approved requests are paid directly to vendors.
How Does One Apply for the PLAN of CT Charitable Trust?
The Charitable Trust grant application for children can be accessed here, and an application for adults can be obtained here or by contacting the PLAN of CT Outreach Coordinator.
PLAN of CT
P.O. Box 290937
Wethersfield, CT 06129-0937
Telephone (860) 523-4951