Charitable Trust Grants
Who Does PLAN’s Charitable Trust Serve?
What does the Charitable Trust grant support?
Charitable Trust grants may be used to purchase any service or resource that serves to enhance the person’s quality of life. The distributions that are covered by the trust are wide and varied. Past distributions include:
- Ramps and other home retrofitting
- Music therapy for a child with autism
- Special reading materials for those with sight loss
- Advocacy and educational services
The Distribution Stipulations:
- May not interfere with public benefits.
- May not supplant available public benefits.
- May not be a debt payment.
- Is typically a one-time distribution of no more than $1,000.
- Is payable directly to a vendor.
The Applicant must provide:
- Proof of a disability.
- Accurate income, asset, and expense information.
- Proof there is a long term plan in place for satisfying the need.
- Proof of ownership if request is for vehicle or home improvement.
- Proof of Connecticut residency.
Note: those with limited income/assets are given priority.
How does the selection process work?
Appropriate candidates will be referred to the PLAN Trust Committee for final decision. The trust committee cannot review incomplete packets so applicants must include all necessary documentation upon submission. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Decisions typically take between one and two months, and are carefully reviewed. The committee prefers to approve one- time sustainable purchases that provide a long term impact in someone’s life. Submitting an application does not guarantee approval. You will receive an approval/rejection letter in the mail in the week following the meeting. If your request is approved, PLAN will pay the vendor directly.
How Does One Apply for the PLAN of CT Charitable Trust?
PLAN of CT
P.O. Box 4280
Hartford, CT 06147
Telephone (860) 523-4951